Library General Rules
These rules are made for the benefit of all library users/members of Government College Women University Sialkot (GCWUS) and co-operation in observing these rules is essential for the common good. Only registered members/users can avail the facilities of the library. Please read these rules carefully, as ignorance of them is not accepted as an excuse for non-observance
All library members/users (regular students, faculty & administrative staff) are expected to observe the following rules while using the library facilities; any violation of these rules will incur appropriate disciplinary action:
- The member shall have to follow the Library Rules and all other policies or instructions notified by the GCWUS.
- The member will leave/place his/her personal belongings such as handbags, briefcases, personal books, notes etc., at the library entrance on personal responsibility.
- The member will leave the library material on tables after consulting/reading.
- The library staff will inspect any book or library material at any time and the member will have to submit the material on the staff’s similar request.
- Discussions will not be allowed to the member in the library.
- The member will not misbehave with the library staff.
- The library staff will assist the member in finding his/her desired material.
- The library member will use his/her laptops only for academic purpose in the library.
- The library member will not write, underline or mark on any book. Library books will be carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage. In case of severe damage, the borrower shall have to return a new copy of the book (same print) or pay two times the current price
- Eating, drinking, gossiping, shouting, sleeping, smoking, mobile discussions and any action that may cause disturbance or damage to the library material shall not be tolerated in any case.
- Mobile phone is allowed but it must be in silent mode and member will not attend his/her call inside the library. However, SMS is permitted as long as it does not disturb other Library users/readers.
- In case of loss of Library Card, please immediately report to the circulation staff so that your membership could be temporarily blocked to prevent misuse of the Library Card. Once you get a replacement, please inform circulation staff again so that your memberships could be re-activated.
- The Incharge Department of Library is authorized to withdraw library facilities from any member who is found misusing the library material or facilities.
- Students are not allowed to turn on/off Electric and IT equipment and they are also not allowed to change the arrangement of Furniture & Fixtures in the library.
- The library defaulter will be reminded through email/sms/phone call about her/his overdue material. In case of noncompliance, the name of the defaulter will be displayed at library notice board/website and the same will be forwarded to the concerned department. At the end of each semester, the name of the defaulter will be forwarded to the controller of examinations office to withhold her result.
- Students must maintain absolute silence inside the library premises. Group discussions and lecturing in loud voice are not allowed in reading halls.
- In case of misconduct or breach of Library Rules by the student member(s), the Incharge Library shall forward complete case to the GCWUS Disciplinary Committee with recommendations; whereas, the same in case of Faculty/Staff members shall be reported to the GCWUS Registrar within one week. Till the final decision, the entrance of the said member(s) in the library shall not be allowed.